Work Share Application for Elk Meadow Farm & Nursery
We count on our Work Share Farm Members to help with a multitude of tasks on Elk Meadow Farm & Nursery. We plan our day around you being here, so please only opt for the Work Share Farm Membership if you are willing to commit to working when you have agreed to do so.
Expectations for people wanting to do this type of exchange
- We need to be able to count on you and the energy you’ll bring to the farm. Sometimes we can’t always work side-by-side so we’ll need you to be a self-starter. *A self-starter is a person who works without needing to be told or encouraged to do so.
- You’ll need to treat it like a job. We need you here on time, the same time every week—rain or shine—June through October.
- Please be here on the days we are open. Either day is great but the same day each week is what we need.
- We prefer you are here for 3-4 hours each time you work.
- We expect you to pay your experience forward by mentoring/teaching other people in what you’ve learned here.
- If you can’t make it, please call us at least 24 hrs. in advance.
- You’ll receive two Punch Cards to be used during the regular season.
- You’ll get to experience the wonder of cultivating soil, growing crops from start to finish and building community.
- We’ll work with you often and answer any questions you may have.
Some activities you may experience as a Work Share Farm Member:
Water, weed, harvest, plant, transplant, pot up, mulch, clear the forest, build arbors/bird houses/gates/raised beds, clean chicken and duck houses, rake clearings, build burn piles, build growing beds, show people where and what they can pick, monitor children, more.
Telephone: __________________________ __________________________
Day and time that you are willing to work:
____Tuesday time _____ to ______
____Friday time ______ to _______
Fill out and return the Work Share Application to:
Elk Meadow Farm & Nursery, LLC. 1069 Elk Meadow Lane Deary, ID 83823. (208) 669-0908 or (208) 877-1222